I decided to bring together many aspects of the various color contrast checkers out there to build one of my own that provides just the functionality that I often need.
This relatively simple contrast checker:
- allows you to enter or select foreground and background colors
- provides functionality to lighten or darken the colors slightly to find acceptable contrast levels
- displays the contrast ratio based on the WCAG 2.0 luminosity formula
- indicates if the colors pass the WCAG 2.0 Level AA and Level AAA requirements for normal text and large text.
- shows a sample of the colors specified for quick viewing