Non-Government Docs and 508
From: Randy P
Date: Feb 14, 2009 12:00PM
- Next message: Chris Hoffman: "Re: Non-Government Docs and 508"
- Previous message: Cyndi Rowland: "Request from the White House"
- Next message in Thread: Chris Hoffman: "Re: Non-Government Docs and 508"
- Previous message in Thread: None
- View all messages in this Thread
We are working as contractors for a US federal government agency, and
a question has arisen concerning the posting of non-Government
documents (mostly PDF) on Government websites.
The agency regulates an industry and frequently takes enforcement
actions against companies. The companies respond with letters that are
received by fax or mail, never electronically. In the interest of
Government transparency, they want to scan these company responses and
place the scanned images on a public Government website. The scanned
documents are not accessible and the companies are not required by law
to submit accessible documents. Question: Can the agency place these
documents on their website as is?
Thanks for any input.