Re: Are Google Maps accessible?
From: Kelly Ford
Date: May 26, 2009 11:00AM
- Next message: Lisa Morgan: "(no subject)"
- Previous message: Kelly Ford: "Re: ActiveX accessibility"
- Next message in Thread: Henny Swan: "Re: Are Google Maps accessible?"
- Previous message in Thread: Peter Krantz: "Re: Are Google Maps accessible?"
- View all messages in this Thread
This screen reader line is present whether you are running a screen reader
<A class=offscreen href="http://maps.google.com/?output=html">Screen reader
users: click here for plain HTML</A>
From: Randi Oomens [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ]
Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2009 8:36 AM
To: WebAIM Discussion List
Subject: Re: [WebAIM] Are Google Maps accessible?
I use Voiceover with Leopard OS 10. I had never tried the maps before,
so I just went there. It somehow new that I use a screenreader,
because it said something like, screenreader users click here for
plain html. So I did, and entered University of Arizona. It allowed me
to enter my start address, and get directions in plain text. So,
sounds like it works from my end.