WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: need some help re problem sites

for

Date: Apr 29, 2013 4:35AM

Jodie, I am fishing in the same pond. I have bad eyes but still use them
and I need a narrow column with word wrap. I tell problem websites
about the need, that it is covered in the w3c accessibility guidelines,
and about visibilitymetrics.com, a site that does it well.
George

On 4/29/2013 12:54 AM, Hoger, Jodie wrote:
> Hi List, I work in post-secondary education supporting students who are blind or vision impaired and am blind myself. I am constantly faced with needing to use external (and sometimes internal) sites that are very poorly designed re access. For example, publishers of textbooks etc. I am not a techy so can't provide that type of assistance or advice but what I am seeking is a good basic document or website that I can pass on to the devs of these sites to assist them in at least doing some tweaking to make their sites more user friendly to all. Is there such a beast? I want to be able to email them and include the link or document to get them started.
> I would love some help here if you know of anything because it drives me nuts and seriously slows down my efficiency in my job crawling through these messes with a screen reader.
> Thanks,
> Jodie
>
> Jodie Hoger
> Teacher Consultant (Vision), Equity Services TAFE NSW - Illawarra Institute Building L1.14, 60 Bienda St, Bomaderry, NSW, 2541
> VOIP 54865
> P 02 4421 9865
> M 0437 035 042
> F 02 4421 9804
> <EMAIL REMOVED>
> www.illawarra.tafensw.edu.au
> Proverb
> Give a person a fish and they will have food for a day. Teach a person to fish and they will have food for life.
>
>
> **********************************************************************
> This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain
> privileged information or confidential information or both. If you
> are not the intended recipient please delete it and notify the sender.
> **********************************************************************
> > > >