WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: Server side (accessible) PDF creation

for

Date: Oct 30, 2013 10:26AM

I'm saying that the LiveCycle family of products creates tagged PDF forms that can support accessibility, both forms and documents without interactive controls. For forms, LiveCycle creates XFA and Acroforms, as well as creating HTML forms from the same design source file.

AWK

-----Original Message-----
From: <EMAIL REMOVED> [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of Olaf Drümmer
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 11:52 AM
To: WebAIM Discussion List
Subject: Re: [WebAIM] Server side (accessible) PDF creation

Hi Andrew,

are you intending to say LiveCycle is good at creating accessible PDF forms, or really accessible PDF documents in general?

And regarding forms: would that be (accessible) LiveCycle forms (also known as XFA forms), or also so called (accessible) AcroForms?

Olaf

Am 30 Oct 2013 um 15:25 schrieb Andrew Kirkpatrick < <EMAIL REMOVED> >:

> Alastair,
> Just to chime in on this, if you are looking for the Adobe server-based tool, you're looking for Adobe LiveCycle.
> AWK
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: <EMAIL REMOVED>
> [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of Alastair
> Campbell
> Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 10:24 AM
> To: WebAIM Discussion List
> Subject: Re: [WebAIM] Server side (accessible) PDF creation
>
> Hi Cameron and Schalk,
>
> Thanks for those. I couldn't find any references to tagging in either of them though?
>
> I also couldn't find a PDF to test out on PDFbox, and the first I found on Phoenix wasn't tagged (not necessarily a sign it cannot tag, but not a good start).
>
> I'm not a Java programmer so not in a position to download then and create test cases, but I'll pass them on as a possibility for to investigate.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Alastair
> > > list messages to <EMAIL REMOVED>
> > > list messages to <EMAIL REMOVED>