WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: Screen Reader accessible Javascript spreadsheetimplementation?

for

Date: Dec 29, 2016 10:19AM

Do you use ASP.NET? If so, did you try to import the Excel module into your project and test to see if it can be used since JAWS is accessible with it?

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of Brandon Keith Biggs
Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2016 9:22 AM
To: WebAIM Discussion List < <EMAIL REMOVED> >
Subject: [WebAIM] Screen Reader accessible Javascript spreadsheet implementation?

Hello,
Does anyone know of a screen reader accessible spreadsheet? I would like to create a front-end for editing DB data and I need it to be accessible with a screen reader.
I have been building one myself, but I am realizing a quality spreadsheet is a little beyond my coding abilities currently.

I have looked at around 20 open source spreadsheets and none were even remotely usable.

I need something that will allow me to insert data, put headers in (maybe with the option to order the headers and rename headers), hide or not display some of the objects (so I can keep their ids without showing them), create editable and non editable cells (mixing editable and non editable in the same row), render with cells that are not in the db (although I can do this pretty easy with a preprocessor of the data) and have the data exported as a json list (possibly with only the edited cells).
I would really prefer something that feels like google sheets, but allows the programmer more control, allows the use of es6 and is not so slow. I don't need any of the formula, colaberation or filter functionality as I can do that myself, but just the items I said above.
Thanks,

Brandon Keith Biggs <http://brandonkeithbiggs.com/>;