WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: Accessibility of Access Reports

for

Date: May 31, 2017 3:46PM

What does this mean?? Can I post a question? Another colleague tried to post and was also not allowed. We are from the California Department of Social Services. Is there a problem with our email addresses? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of Krack, Joseph@DSS
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2017 1:56 PM
To: <EMAIL REMOVED>
Subject: [WebAIM] Accessibility of Access Reports

[This sender failed our fraud detection checks and may not be who they appear to be. Learn about spoofing at http://aka.ms/LearnAboutSpoofing]

Good afternoon group! I have a question about Access or more specifically about reports developed from Access. One of our divisions in our Department has an Access database out of which they develop pdf reports that they have been posting. They are not tagged and when Auto-tagging the report in Acrobat Pro there are problems. I don't have access to the Access database and so am not familiar with how they develop the report.

Is there a way they can export the data into a PDF format to create accessible reports? Is there another file format they can use in the export process (Word, Excel) that would be easier to create an accessible table/report?

I have not been able to find a lot of information about this online, and was hoping someone here may have experience working with Access and would possibly be able to help.

Thanks,

Joe