WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: Accessibility

for

Date: Jun 23, 2017 9:13AM

Accessibility scapegoat. Just kidding. Can I claim that exposure to Birkir and his puns has been a bad influence on me?

If you just intend the person to be a resource for the other team members "Accessibility SME" (Subject Matter Expert) might be good. If they will have some responsibility and authority for accessibility, a title like "accessibility lead" might work.

I would basically just add "accessibility" to some "title" the teams already feel familiar with. It probably will give the teams a better idea where that person fits and make it easier for that team member to establish their sphere of influence.

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of Meacham, Steve - FSA, Kansas City, MO
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2017 8:56 AM
To: WebAIM Discussion List < <EMAIL REMOVED> >
Subject: [WebAIM] Accessibility

In a software development IPT (Integrated Project Team), everyone should consider and implement accessibility in their own areas of responsibility. However, I want to designate a role for the person who would oversee this and take responsibility. What would the name of this role be?

Steven Meacham, ICT Accessibility Program Manager
USDA Farm Service Agency
+1 (816) 926-1942<tel:+18169261942>
For program support email <EMAIL REMOVED> <mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> >

This electronic message contains information generated by the USDA solely for the intended recipients. Any unauthorized interception of this message or the use or disclosure of the information it contains may violate the law and subject the violator to civil or criminal penalties. If you believe you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete the email immediately.