WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: The Accessibility of Browser-based DevelopmentEnvironments

for

Date: Aug 1, 2017 12:49PM

Hi Nick,
Do you think it would be OK with him to tell me his story? I'm going down the path of learning web development so I can understand web accessibility both from a screen reader, user, dangerous coding perspective, and, someday, from a real developer sperspective, as someone who actually knows how to make sites and applications.

Thanks.

Jim

=========Jim Homme,
Team Lead and Accessibility Consultant,
Bender HighTest Accessibility Team
Bender Consulting Services, Inc.,
412-787-8567,
<EMAIL REMOVED>
http://www.benderconsult.com/our%20services/hightest-accessible-technology-solutions
E+R=O

From: Beranek, Nicholas via WebAIM-Forum<mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> >
Sent: Tuesday, August 1, 2017 9:47 AM
To: WebAIM Discussion List<mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> >
Subject: Re: [WebAIM] The Accessibility of Browser-based Development Environments

One of my colleagues really enjoys the accessibility improvements that Firefox has made to its developer tools. He uses NVDA with it. He says that they are very close to being made fully accessible, but he is able to inspect code.

Nick

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of Jim Homme
Sent: Tuesday, August 01, 2017 8:52 AM
To: WebAIM Discussion List < <EMAIL REMOVED> >
Subject: [WebAIM] The Accessibility of Browser-based Development Environments

Hi,
I know that extensive work was done to make Firebug accessible. I thought I read that that work was brought into FFirefox itself. This prompted me to want to see if anyone who is blind here has either good experiences with the development tools in either the newest Firefox, the newest IE, Edge, or Chrome. I'm also wondering how Google is doing with Chrome accessibility in general, and how the screen reader venders are doing with closing the gap from their side, since Chrome seems to be very popular among sighted vendors.

Thanks.

Jim

=========Jim Homme,
Team Lead and Accessibility Consultant,
Bender HighTest Accessibility Team
Bender Consulting Services, Inc.,
412-787-8567,
<EMAIL REMOVED>
http://www.benderconsult.com/our%20services/hightest-accessible-technology-solutions
E+R=O

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and/or proprietary to Capital One and/or its affiliates and may only be used solely in performance of work or services for Capital One. The information transmitted herewith is intended only for use by the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.