WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Introduction

for

Date: Dec 23, 2005 1:00AM

Hi All,

I would like to Introduce myself, my name is Martin Pistorius.

I'm very new to web development, in fact I've only been doing it for about sixteen months. But then I only really switch on a for the first time at the end of 2002, but that's a whole other story and quite a long one at that.

In terms of web development I'm essentially self with some help from a friend. I've still got LOTS to learn but it's something I'm absolutely passionate about!

Currently I work three days a week at The Centre for Augmentative and Alternative Communication (CAAC), based at the University of Pretoria. I'm a disability consultant there and amongst 101 other things I do their website www.caac.up.ac.za it's a site I took over late last year and it's got quite a lot of accessibility and usability issue so my intention is to redevelop it in the next few months, quite the challenge!

Then the other two days a week I work at the Meraka Institute at the CSIR as a research consultant working on the National Accessibility Portal (NAP) www.napsa.org.za I've also just taken over the management of that website.

Then I also do another website http://www.interface-sa.org.za/ which I also inherited and which I also want to improve on.

I also a person with a disability and an AAC (augmentative and alternative communication) user.
I've an absolutely passion for technology, the web, accessibility and just helping people.

Anyway, it's nice to meet everybody
Seasons greetings and best wishes,

Martin