WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

RE: are there any accessibility testing best practices

for

Date: Aug 23, 2006 5:50AM

Catherine,
Hello. I read the post below, went to the site and downloaded the pdf. I'm reading it now, but am curious as to why the group has chosen to not tag the document. While it is indeed mostly text there are many lists and tables. Thanks.

Warm Regards,
Erik

-------- Original Message --------
> From: zara < <EMAIL REMOVED> >
> Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2006 9:36 AM
> To: 'WebAIM Discussion List' < <EMAIL REMOVED> >
> Subject: RE: [WebAIM] are there any accessibility testing best practices
>
> > Hi all,
> > Are there any best practices followed in accessibility testing area?
> > I am curious to know this because so far I have come across best practices
> > only for design and development.
> > Thanks
> > Shri
>
> Hi,
>
> The Unified Web Evaluation Methodology (UWEM) may be of some use to you. As their Web site explains, the UWEM is the EU-harmonised assessment methodology for Web accessibility, based on W3C/WAI. UWEM is the result of a joint effort between 23 European organisations working through the Web Accessibility Benchmarking (WAB) Cluster. The aim is to ensure that evaluation tools and methods developed for global monitoring or for local evaluations are compatible and coherent among themselves and with WAI. The UWEM provides an evaluation procedure consisting of a system of principles and practices for expert and automatic evaluation of Web accessibility for humans and machine interfaces.
>
> Unified Web Evaluation Methodology version 1.0 intro page :
>
> http://www.wabcluster.org/uwem1/
>
> (The methodology document itself is only available in pdf for the moment. Hopefully, they will make it available in html soon, as they did for version 0.5.)
>
> Best regards,
>
>
> Catherine
>
>
>
> --
> Catherine Roy, consultante
>
> www.catherine-roy.net