WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Thread: How accessible is Sway?

for

Number of posts in this thread: 3 (In chronological order)

Date: Mon, Jan 09 2017 2:38PM
Subject: How accessible is Sway?
No previous message | Next message →

Good afternoon all,

A colleague just asked me to take a look at a Web site her organization has, where they have a newsletter using something called Sway. I admit I haven't encountered anything done with Sway before so I don't have any knowledge of if its content can be made accessible. At least in the newsletter they have in their test environment, I could read the first article, but couldn't found a way to move to any other article.

Courtney

Date: Mon, Jan 09 2017 2:54PM
Subject: Re: How accessible is Sway?
← Previous message | Next message →

Did yiu look at the sway accessibility page?

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Accessibility-features-in-Sway-536c615e-14fc-4689-b816-c79442748a73

There is also a sway accessibility discussion group
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_sway-mso_o365brs/microsoft-sway-and-accessibility-issues/1c26a375-2ba1-49bf-bb88-4b63670df376

Cheers, Karen

Sent from my iPad

> On Jan 9, 2017, at 4:38 PM, Ritz, Courtney L. (GSFC-7200) < = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = > wrote:
>
> Good afternoon all,
>
> A colleague just asked me to take a look at a Web site her organization has, where they have a newsletter using something called Sway. I admit I haven't encountered anything done with Sway before so I don't have any knowledge of if its content can be made accessible. At least in the newsletter they have in their test environment, I could read the first article, but couldn't found a way to move to any other article.
>
> Courtney
> > > >

Date: Mon, Jan 09 2017 3:17PM
Subject: Re: How accessible is Sway?
← Previous message | No next message

I have seen a couple demos of Sway, and the content was accessible. However, they were demos, and part of their reason for being was to demonstrate accessibility. So, I don't know how hard it is to create accessible content in Sway, how badly you could break accessibility, and whether or not the creation process, back-end is accessible or not.

Sorry I don't know more!

Dave

David Andrews | Chief Technology Officer
State Services for the Blind
2200 University Ave. W., Suite 240, St. Paul, MN 55114-1840
Direct: 651-539-2294 | Mobile: 612-730-7931
Web | Twitter | Facebook

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum [mailto: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = ] On Behalf Of Ritz, Courtney L. (GSFC-7200)
Sent: Monday, January 09, 2017 3:38 PM
To: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
Subject: [WebAIM] How accessible is Sway?

Good afternoon all,

A colleague just asked me to take a look at a Web site her organization has, where they have a newsletter using something called Sway. I admit I haven't encountered anything done with Sway before so I don't have any knowledge of if its content can be made accessible. At least in the newsletter they have in their test environment, I could read the first article, but couldn't found a way to move to any other article.

Courtney