WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Thread: Form builders with oracle database integration

for

Number of posts in this thread: 2 (In chronological order)

Date: Wed, May 17 2017 12:32PM
Subject: Form builders with oracle database integration
No previous message | Next message →

We use Banner and APEX here and are trying to find form builders with
Oracle database integration whose front facing product is accessible. We
have numerous PDF "forms" which are either images or are not interactive
and are looking for a better solution. These are a couple we found which
MIGHT produce an accessible output:

Axiom
Constituo

If anyone has other suggestions, or if your institution is currently using
a something they like, would you mind passing it along?

--

Corrine Schoeb
Technology Accessibility Coordinator, ITS
610-957-6208 <(610)%20957-6208>

*** Swarthmore College ITS will never ask you for your password, including
by email. Please keep your passwords private to protect yourself and the
security of our network.

To learn more about web security visit http://www.swarthmore.
edu/its/security

Date: Thu, May 18 2017 6:13AM
Subject: Re: Form builders with oracle database integration
← Previous message | No next message

I have used Kurzweil with many Cannon scanners in the past especially during college days. However, last year I got my hands on a great deal.

It was a laser printer all in one by Xerox. The price was $129. I couldn't believe it. I purchased it from Tiger Direct.

Since then, I run my whole office printing, scanning and faxing needs from it. It has an auto feeder and works great with Kurzweil V12.

I was concerned that it was not going to work with Kurzweil because it was a network printer. On the contrary, Kurzweil communicates with its scanner drivers and it pulls papers from the auto feeder like crazy. I even noticed that the recognition quality was better than that of my Cannon scanner, which Kurzweil recommended.

The Xerox WorkCentre 3215 does not stop there. It even has it's own document scanning software that comes with it. It has an OCR engine built in and I can scan documents and go into Advanced settings and save then as tagged PDF files or Epub files.

I highly recommend this Scanner/printer as it can be run from the network without being attached to any PC. Just hook it to a router or switch and run the installer on each computer. It would find the device on the local network and configure all of the TCP/IP traffic and ports to it.

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum [mailto: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = ] On Behalf Of Corrine Schoeb
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2017 1:32 PM
To: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
Subject: [WebAIM] Form builders with oracle database integration

We use Banner and APEX here and are trying to find form builders with Oracle database integration whose front facing product is accessible. We have numerous PDF "forms" which are either images or are not interactive and are looking for a better solution. These are a couple we found which MIGHT produce an accessible output:

Axiom
Constituo

If anyone has other suggestions, or if your institution is currently using a something they like, would you mind passing it along?

--

Corrine Schoeb
Technology Accessibility Coordinator, ITS
610-957-6208 <(610)%20957-6208>

*** Swarthmore College ITS will never ask you for your password, including by email. Please keep your passwords private to protect yourself and the security of our network.

To learn more about web security visit http://www.swarthmore.
edu/its/security