Using Deque Ramp Ascend
Overview of Deque Ramp Ascend
Ramp Ascend from Deque Systems, Inc. - external link is a web accessibility evaluation tool for Section 508 and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. It is a cross-platform solution for the Windows, Macintosh and Linux environments
What Ramp Ascend can do for you:
- Using Ramp Ascend to evaluate web accessibility is easy. You need to:
- Select analysis options including specific Section 508 paragraph and WCAG checkpoints you would like to evaluate web content for,
- Set the "spidering" level for the website/web application, and
- Simply start the analysis process
- Ramp will analyze every web page and list violations at the page level across the collection and also summarize them by Section 508 paragraph or WCAG checkpoint. The reports are also available in HTML format.
- Additionally, Ramp raises questions with specific answer choices for accessibility issues that require human judgment for an accurate determination. The reports generated after answering the questions provides a more complete and accurate assessment of the accessibility barriers.
- Ramp Ascend's repair capability "auto-fixes" certain types of violations across a page or a complete site; wizard interfaces are available to fix the remaining. Ramp Ascend ensures web animations are safe, makes online forms accessible, and provides comprehensive table remediation to even the most complex, n-dimensional tables. Through Ramp, you can preview the modified page in your favorite browser before accepting the change. The corrected pages do not overwrite the original pages.
- Add SMIL captions to multimedia using Ramp Ascend. View a captioned online demo of Ramp Ascend - external link.
- Ramp Ascend ships with plug-ins for authoring tools like Dreamweaver and FrontPage. Ramp is accessible with JAWS for Windows.
Other Deque Products
Deque Ramp Grade - external link is the same as Deque Ramp Ascend except that it does not have the ability to analyze web applications or produce code to fix the violations detected. Deque Ramp Personal Edition (PE) - external link evaluates single web pages one at a time and cannot spider websites like Ascend or Grade. Ramp PE is available for non-profit organizations, educational institutions, web accessibility trainers and other categories at no cost under Deque's One Accessible World Program - external link.
Deque Worldspace - external link offers a server based solution to web accessibility evaluation, monitoring, and repair. It is a web compliance solutions that unifies regulatory efforts encompassing accessibility, privacy, web application security, and quality. Deque's continuous monitoring and audit - external link service is a flexible, efficient, and cost-effective method of ensuring continuous accessibility compliance.
Please contact Deque to find out how you can obtain Deque's desktop or server based tools for web accessibility and repair.