Thread Subject: Group B: 22(k) Text-only page
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Andi Snow-Weaver
Date: Tue, Nov 14 2006 4:40 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Andi Snow-Weaver: "Re: Group B:"
- Previous message in thread: None
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
Current 508 wording:
22(k) A text-only page, with equivalent information or functionality, shall
be provided to make a web site comply with the provisions of this part,
when compliance cannot be accomplished in any other way. The content of the
text-only page shall be updated whenever the primary page changes.
WCAG 2.0 allows for alternate versions of the content but does not require
that they be "text-only". But WCAG 2.0 does contain the additional
restriction that the versions must be available from the same URI:
"Alternate Versions-L1: At least one version of the content meets all Level
1 success criteria, but alternate version(s) that do not meet all Level 1
success criteria may be available from the same URI."
- Next message in Thread: Andi Snow-Weaver: "Re: Group B:"
- Previous message in Thread: None