Thread Subject: Re: 22(e) and 22(f) Image Maps
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Jared Smith
Date: Tue, Nov 14 2006 5:40 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Fratkin, Mike: "Re: 22(e) and 22(f) Image Maps"
- Previous message in thread: Andi Snow-Weaver: "Re: 22(e) and 22(f) Image Maps"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
On 11/14/06, Andi Snow-Weaver wrote:
> It's not "only" text links. Text links is "one" way to satisfy the WCAG 2.0
> keyboard operation requirement for server side image maps. Your technique
> of a form select menu would also meet the requirement.
Right. WCAG 2.0 does not require text-only links, but 22(e) does.
Under the existing guidelines, if a developer somehow determined that
they could not create a client-side image map region (something which
is pretty much impossible) and thus used a server-side image instead,
the only option for them to provide access is with a potentially HUGE
list of text links. There are certainly better options than what the
current guidelines seem to require.
- Next message in Thread: Fratkin, Mike: "Re: 22(e) and 22(f) Image Maps"
- Previous message in Thread: Andi Snow-Weaver: "Re: 22(e) and 22(f) Image Maps"