Thread Subject: Re: Group B: 22(k) Text-only page
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Fratkin, Mike
Date: Wed, Nov 15 2006 12:55 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: John M Slatin: "Re: Group B: 22(k) Text-only page"
- Previous message in thread: Andrew Kirkpatrick: "Re: Group B: 22(k) Text-only page"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
After the first year of Section 508, I have not seen a single instance
of text only pages used to meet compliance.
Don - do you feel that if this standard was not around that developers
wouldn't know that if they can't meet the subpart 22 standards that they
need to figure out a different or additional way and to claim functional
> -----Original Message-----
> From: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
> [mailto: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = ] On Behalf Of
> Barrett, Don
> Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 2:33 PM
> To: TEITAC Web/Software Subcommittee
> Subject: Re: [teitac-websoftware] Group B: 22(k) Text-only page
> The Blackberry is a perfect example of how commercial nonavailability
> can stop 508 in its tracks. People use inaccessible technology all
> the time in the name of nonavailability; it's awful but it happens.
> At least with the text-only standard, you get something out of it.
- Next message in Thread: John M Slatin: "Re: Group B: 22(k) Text-only page"
- Previous message in Thread: Andrew Kirkpatrick: "Re: Group B: 22(k) Text-only page"