Thread Subject: Re: Rewrite of 21(j)
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Jonathan Avila
Date: Thu, Nov 16 2006 8:50 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Jonathan Avila: "Re: Rewrite of 21(j)"
- Previous message in thread: Sean Hayes: "Re: Rewrite of 21(j)"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
<blockquote> Take for example the multicoloured graphic 'Google' word on
their home page. It has a subtle drop shadow, which although I havent tested
it, probably is less than 5:1 contrast. Raising the contrast of this shadow
would spoil the effect. Does a person with low vision care about being able
to see it? It certainly won't affect their searches. </blockquote>
If an non-link image has a tooltip through the alt attribute then I see no
need to make images follow contrast requirements.