Thread Subject: Re: Undue Burden - No Fear Act
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Jim Tobias
Date: Fri, Nov 17 2006 2:45 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: None
- Previous message in thread: Katie Haritos-Shea: "Re: Undue Burden - NO FEAR Act"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
Katie Haritos-Shea wrote:
"The is something called the NO FEAR Act which requires agencies to report
publically (on a quarterly basis) how may discrimination actions have been
filled against an agency, and what is being dome about them. I think this is
concerning employment complaints, but I know that this is required to be
I looked through a lot of NO FEAR reports. There doesn't seem to be
anything regarding Sec. 508, but there are certainly statistics regarding
complaints about lack of reasonable accommodation, Sec. 504. In our
context, these might be valuable to explore. That is, if a federal employee
with a disability is raising a reasonable accommodation claim, the problem
might have never existed if the equipment for the job was purchased with
accessibility in mind in the first place.
I will continue to look into this to see if any "technical details" exist in
the records in a way that's easy enough to extract and report to TEITAC.
If anyone has ever been down this road before, please let me know!
= EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
- Next message in Thread: None
- Previous message in Thread: Katie Haritos-Shea: "Re: Undue Burden - NO FEAR Act"