Thread Subject: Re: IdentifyiingSpecific Hardware thatShould beCovered
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Gregg Vanderheiden
Date: Mon, Nov 20 2006 10:15 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: IdentifyiingSpecific Hardware that Should beCovered"
- Previous message in thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: IdentifyiingSpecific Hardware that Should beCovered"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
When the 'general interface' was set up at the first plenary I thought it
was supposed to look at things that appeared in more than one of the other
categories. That didn't preclude anyone else from doing so. Just that
we were to look for those things that spanned and report back.
And yes - 'look at' is all that I thought any subcommittee was charged
with. My understanding was/is that all decisions were at plenary (i.e.
non at subcommittee).
In a rush so didn't express it very well.
Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
From: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
[mailto: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = ] On Behalf Of Jim Tobias
Sent: Monday, November 20, 2006 10:00 AM
To: 'TEITAC self contained/closed products subcommittee'; 'TEITAC General
Interface Accessibility Subcommittee'; 'TEITAC desktop/portable (hardware)
Cc: 'TEITAC Telecommunications Subcommittee'
Subject: Re: [teitac-telecom] [teitac-closed]
[teitac-general][teitac-hardware] IdentifyiingSpecific Hardware that Should
2. If so, do we assign the mechanical control items to Hardware or General
-this was one of the "General" assignments (things that appeared
across categories) and is in the General workscope.
Nothing has been "assigned" to General Interface -- we've just been listing
and exploring the cross-product items. We have not even resolved the issue
of whether General Interface asks Telecom for jurisdiction, whether Telecom
asks General Interface to adopt these items, or whether this whole decision
is to be made at the Plenary level.
- Next message in Thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: IdentifyiingSpecific Hardware that Should beCovered"
- Previous message in Thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: IdentifyiingSpecific Hardware that Should beCovered"