Thread Subject: Re: Proposal 21(b) Focus
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Peter Korn
Date: Mon, Nov 27 2006 1:40 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: David Poehlman: "Re: Proposal 21(b) Focus"
- Previous message in thread: Lybarger, Barbara (MOD): "Re: Proposal 21(b) Focus"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
> Peter Korn wrote:
> "I wonder if it helps frame the issue by looking at a web browser as a
> So should we consider what user-agent items should be developed that
> *must* be available to ensure some accessibility level based upon the
> other layers? If so, would this fall possibly in to a sub-portion of
> For example a framework might be something like:
> When software is used to interpret and present (insert standards for web
> and other associated content streams), (insert requirement beyond other
> software requirements).
I like that sentence - it is a nice high-level summary of what needs to
happen. I think we must then follow it up with more measurable
specifics, and then further with specific examples - as per Gregg's
notion (the phrasing of which is lost to me at the moment) of
"sufficient techniques to meet the guidelines", which will likely be
Sun Microsystems, Inc.
- Next message in Thread: David Poehlman: "Re: Proposal 21(b) Focus"
- Previous message in Thread: Lybarger, Barbara (MOD): "Re: Proposal 21(b) Focus"