Thread Subject: Re: Group D: 22(g) Row and Column Headers
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Sailesh Panchang
Date: Thu, Nov 30 2006 8:55 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Fratkin, Mike: "Re: Group D: 22(g) Row and Column Headers"
- Previous message in thread: Travis Roth: "Re: Group D: 22(g) Row and Column Headers"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
>Additionally, the requirements for row and column header identification
>greatly benefit users of screen readers but there is no capability for
>low vision, screen magnification users to know row and column headers
>when focused on data cells. Should this capability be the
>responsibility of AT vendors or HTML enhancements?
I have seen some data tables on pages in which columns and rows get
highlighted as a user mouses over the table cells. This conveys the headers
or context of the cell that has focus. This is helpful for some groups of
people other than screen reader users.
Senior Accessibility Engineer
Deque Systems Inc. (www.deque.com)
11130 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite #140,
Reston VA 20191
Phone: 703-225-0380 (ext 105)
E-mail: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
- Next message in Thread: Fratkin, Mike: "Re: Group D: 22(g) Row and Column Headers"
- Previous message in Thread: Travis Roth: "Re: Group D: 22(g) Row and Column Headers"