Thread Subject: Re: Group D: 22(g) Row and Column Headers
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Fratkin, Mike
Date: Thu, Nov 30 2006 9:00 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Fratkin, Mike: "Re: Group D: 22(g) Row and Column Headers"
- Previous message in thread: Sailesh Panchang: "Re: Group D: 22(g) Row and Column Headers"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
This would certainly benefit mouse users and we have seen this tool tip
capability exposed for keyboard users but takes a lot of effort for
developers in large tables.
I have seen some data tables on pages in which columns and rows get
highlighted as a user mouses over the table cells. This conveys the
headers or context of the cell that has focus. This is helpful for some
groups of people other than screen reader users.
Senior Accessibility Engineer
Deque Systems Inc. (www.deque.com)
11130 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite #140,
Reston VA 20191
Phone: 703-225-0380 (ext 105)
E-mail: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
- Next message in Thread: Fratkin, Mike: "Re: Group D: 22(g) Row and Column Headers"
- Previous message in Thread: Sailesh Panchang: "Re: Group D: 22(g) Row and Column Headers"