Thread Subject: Re: Group D: 22(o) Skip navigation
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Hoffman, Allen
Date: Fri, Dec 01 2006 5:55 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Walser, Kate: "Re: Group D: 22(o) Skip navigation"
- Previous message in thread: David Poehlman: "Re: Group D: 22(o) Skip navigation"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
David Poehlman wrote:
"Links are not the only things needing jumping over or to."
I am personally ambivalent about other things than links, but don't
really disagree. i think hard thought should be considered to create
something that allows quick keyboard focus movement around a page as a
whole. This could be a challenging requirement/provision to write and
not over reach. Doesn't mean it can't be done however.
In simple terms we want to be able to get to the important stuff
quickly. this implies that we get to prioritize what is important from
some form of a list, and the use that subsequent times to navigate the
objects. Maybe if we back up and think about it from that really high
level this is more simple to write than it appears. but remember, we
should be writing web/software provisions in this group and leave
general ones, or recommend them, to the general interface group.
Allen Hoffman -- 202-447-0303
Department of homeland Security Office on Accessible Systems &
- Next message in Thread: Walser, Kate: "Re: Group D: 22(o) Skip navigation"
- Previous message in Thread: David Poehlman: "Re: Group D: 22(o) Skip navigation"