Thread Subject: Re: Group D: 22(g) Row and Column Headers
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Lybarger, Barbara (MOD)
Date: Fri, Dec 01 2006 3:10 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Jim Thatcher: "Re: Group D: 22(g) Row and Column Headers"
- Previous message in thread: Lybarger, Barbara (MOD): "Re: Group D: 22(g) Row and Column Headers"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
To address the where is the parallel in the software question,
1194.21(d) and (l) seems to be as close as the software section gets.
"(d) Sufficient information about a user interface element
including the identity, operation and state of the element shall be
available to assistive technology. When an image represents a program
element, the information conveyed by the image must also be available in
"(l) When electronic forms are used, the form shall allow people
using assistive technology to access the information, field elements,
and functionality required for completion and submission of the form,
including all directions and cues."
They seem to address data in and data out. Is it enough?
From: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
[mailto: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = ] On Behalf Of Andi
Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2006 5:43 PM
To: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
Subject: [teitac-websoftware] Group D: 22(g) Row and Column Headers
Current wording: Row and column headers shall be identified for data
- in WCAG 2.0, tables are addressed in the techniques for 1.3.1 "
Information and relationships conveyed through presentation can be
programmatically determined, and notification of changes to these is
available to user agents, including assistive technologies."
- This is only in the Web requirements. Is this required for software?
- Are all data tables user interface elements or only those that contain
interactive user interface elements?
- Next message in Thread: Jim Thatcher: "Re: Group D: 22(g) Row and Column Headers"
- Previous message in Thread: Lybarger, Barbara (MOD): "Re: Group D: 22(g) Row and Column Headers"