Thread Subject: Re: Reasonable Accommodation
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Brett, Thomas F
Date: Wed, Dec 06 2006 4:50 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Deborah Buck: "Re: Reasonable Accommodation"
- Previous message in thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: Reasonable Accommodation"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
(unless right of private action is easier under 508 than 504 which may be true).
Private actions alleging violation of the standards are handled under the Section 504 process.
Section 508 Coordinator
US Office of Personnel Management
Disabled does not mean Unable
= EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = <mailto: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = >
From: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = [mailto: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = ] On Behalf Of Gregg Vanderheiden
Sent: Tuesday, December 05, 2006 11:44 PM
To: 'TEITAC General Interface Accessibility Subcommittee'
Subject: Re: [teitac-general] Reasonable Accommodation
That is usually covered under 504 - but if 504 didn't exist I think that 508 law (not necessarily the 508 standards) says that the computing environment should be made accessible and if AT was needed to do that..... But 504 does exist so no need (unless right of private action is easier under 508 than 504 which may be true).
Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
- Next message in Thread: Deborah Buck: "Re: Reasonable Accommodation"
- Previous message in Thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: Reasonable Accommodation"