Thread Subject: Re: Group D: 22(o) Skip navigation
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Andi Snow-Weaver
Date: Wed, Dec 06 2006 7:00 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: None
- Previous message in thread: Jonathan Avila: "Re: Group D: 22(o) Skip navigation"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
On November 30th, Allen wrote:
"it is kind of pointless to put the skip-nav link at position ten or more,
after the links one is intended to skip, but technically one might say the
requirement was met."
<end of Allen's comment>
I disagree that this meets the requirement to provide a method "that
permits users to skip repetitive navigation links." This could be explained
in the current guide to the standards or in the "sufficient techniques" we
have been discussing. If a "skip link" is one of the techniques that can be
(not must be) used to achieve the requirement, the guidance could explain
that it must be one of the first links on the page.
- Next message in Thread: None
- Previous message in Thread: Jonathan Avila: "Re: Group D: 22(o) Skip navigation"