Thread Subject: Re: Combined HardwareSubcommittee Proposal
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Randy Marsden (Home)
Date: Fri, Dec 15 2006 11:20 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: Combined HardwareSubcommittee Proposal"
- Previous message in thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: Combined HardwareSubcommittee Proposal"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
> My comments below. (Randy)
> Closed is an attribute Â not a category of products. So we can't sort it out.
> If DTandNB takes on the closed issue it would have to also take on closed
> software. That may be ok. It just should not be taken that ?closedÂ¹ only
> applies to PCs.
> True, but I donÂ¹t agree that DT and NB should take on closed software. As per
> your next comment below, that should be handled by Software and Web. Note
> also that we are proposing to change the name of the Desktops and Portables
> subcommittee to Â³Hardware and Self-ContainedÂ², to make it explicit that we are
> no longer only talking about PCÂ¹s.
> I think all of the groups need to be thinking about ?closedÂ¹. Maybe a better
> way to think about it is that ?closedÂ¹ be disbanded and that ALL groups take
> on the topic as a THEME as it would apply to their areas.
> Agreed. There is a broader implication in what we are proposing here.
> Section 508 explicitly includes a section (Â§1194.25 ) for Â³Self-contained,
> closed productsÂ². By Â³retiringÂ² that subcommittee, are we also saying we want
> to retire that part of 508? There is a fair bit of content in that section
> that we wouldnÂ¹t want to lose. Can we adequately incorporate that content in
> the other sub-sections?
> -Randy Marsden
> -- ------------------------------
> Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
- Next message in Thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: Combined HardwareSubcommittee Proposal"
- Previous message in Thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: Combined HardwareSubcommittee Proposal"