Thread Subject: Re: Combined Hardware Subcommittee Proposal
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
Date: Mon, Dec 18 2006 6:45 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: Combined Hardware Subcommittee Proposal"
- Previous message in thread: Randy Marsden (Home): "Re: Combined Hardware Subcommittee Proposal"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
Continuing the discussion on the combination proposal. Comments from
the DT/NB con-call.
1 - a solid definition of what content will be covered needs to be
further defined. For example, if you look at ll94.26, the DT/NB section
is primarily focused on physical or sensory interaction with the
product. Would that be the focus of this SC if they are merged. I
agree with Randy that Software should not be addressed here.
2 - define the limits of our scope to be general non-application
specific interactions or characteristics. For example, this SC would
look at basic control interactions, but would not address a system
specific characteristics such as a how a TV tuner captions.
3 - we have to be very careful of HW scope creep
If you were on the call and I missed something, please continue it in
Rob Nerhood * Ergonomics Engineer * Experience Design Group
Dell, Inc. * One Dell Way * Round Rock, Texas 78682 - 7000
- Next message in Thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: Combined Hardware Subcommittee Proposal"
- Previous message in Thread: Randy Marsden (Home): "Re: Combined Hardware Subcommittee Proposal"