Thread Subject: Re: CombinedHardwareSubcommittee Proposal
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
Date: Mon, Dec 18 2006 10:35 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: CombinedHardwareSubcommittee Proposal"
- Previous message in thread: None
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
I would like to add the other point, namely loss of quantitative natures in
the case of only having the general part in our technical specifications.
For example, let us consider font size. Everyone agrees a clause that
requests "users can change the font size." But this is not a good clause
since no one can determine the maximum font size. If the clause is applied
to a small display in mobile, the maximum could be 1/4 or 1/3 inch of
height. If it is applied to a display of desktop PC, the maximum could be 2
inches or more.
If we have the telecom equipment part and the PC hardware part separately,
we can write these quantitative measures in clauses. Therefore, it is not
appropriate to merge all the sub-parts into one general part.
- Next message in Thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: CombinedHardwareSubcommittee Proposal"
- Previous message in Thread: None