Thread Subject: Re: TEITAC subcommittee participants
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Andi Snow-Weaver
Date: Thu, Oct 12 2006 2:35 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: TEITAC subcommittee participants"
- Previous message in thread: Jim Tobias: "Re: TEITAC subcommittee participants"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
>> > I am a little concerned that at least one work page list, as it is
>> > shaping
>> up > so far, rather strongly implies that an affiliation is
>> desirable (or maybe
>> > even necessary)
>> I agree. I think we should discourage over-emphasis on
>> organizational roles
>> -- it intimidates just-plain-individuals, undercuts
>> collegiality, and reinforces tough stances instead of open minds.
> I simply added an item for "individual members not affiliated with an
> organization" on our group (at the top) so that individuals were
> The affiliation information I think is helpful in keeping track of things
> and since so many people don't know each other.
I didn't do anything to the SW and Web participant page. It was initially
set up to request an organization name. I have modified it to have a
category for individuals too.
- Next message in Thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: TEITAC subcommittee participants"
- Previous message in Thread: Jim Tobias: "Re: TEITAC subcommittee participants"