Thread Subject: Re: Groupingof thecurrent 28software/web standards
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Luke Kowalski
Date: Thu, Oct 12 2006 2:37 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Andi Snow-Weaver: "Re: Groupingof thecurrent 28software/web standards"
- Previous message in thread: Barrett, Don: "Re: Groupingof thecurrent 28software/web standards"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
Should it help.....I have worked on 9241-171 and 151. I jumped in in the later stages, but things like creating a normative reference to WCAG and other harmonization efforts were discussed at length.
luke kowalski, CPE
Corporate UI Architect
Redwood Shores, CA 94065
650 506 1227
From: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = [mailto: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = ] On Behalf Of Andi Snow-Weaver
Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2006 12:54 PM
To: TEITAC Web/Software Subcommittee
Subject: Re: [teitac-websoftware] Groupingof thecurrent 28software/web standards
> Can you recommend anything specific we should look at first in ?
> It is pretty extensive and I haven't seen it before; don't want to
> waste my time with dead ends if others have mined it already; any
> recommendations welcome. Thanks.
Yes I do Don. The problem is that some of them you have to pay for. ISO
9241-171 and ANSI HFES 200 are the key software accessibility standards.
Both of these software accessibility standards are harmonized with each other and considered 1194.21 as they were being developed. I think it would be helpful to see how the current 1194.21 provisions are addressed in those standards.
I can provide some information on this early next week.
- Next message in Thread: Andi Snow-Weaver: "Re: Groupingof thecurrent 28software/web standards"
- Previous message in Thread: Barrett, Don: "Re: Groupingof thecurrent 28software/web standards"