Thread Subject: revision of 24(e)
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: geoff freed
Date: Wed, Jan 03 2007 7:40 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: revision of 24(e)"
- Previous message in thread: None
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
On the last call I was given the task of clarifying the wording of
1194.24(e). i've uploaded my revision to the wiki, also pasted below
Display or presentation of captions or audio descriptions shall be
user-selectable unless permanent.
A method for turning closed captions or closed audio descriptions on
and off shall be provided. If captions and descriptions are meant by
the author to be open-- that is, permanently visible or audible to
everyone-- a method for turning them on and off is not required.
- Next message in Thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: revision of 24(e)"
- Previous message in Thread: None