Thread Subject: text and voice
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Jim Tobias
Date: Mon, Jan 08 2007 12:50 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: text and voice"
- Previous message in thread: None
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
Let me see if I can extract what we're looking for regarding voice and
1. A TTY gateway so TTY users can connect to whatever other text protocol(s)
are being used.
2. Real-time text transport so that text conversations can be held.
3. Real-time voice transport so that voice conversations can be held.
4. Linkage between voice and text "legs" so that VCO, HCO, relay, and
captioned telephony can be performed effectively. (This linkage may only be
a "conversation ID" or it may be an application that integrates voice and
Note that these do not mention IP, wireless, or any other platform. These
are functional descriptions.
Is anything missing?
= EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
+1 732.441.0831 voice/tty
+1 908.907.2387 mobile
- Next message in Thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: text and voice"
- Previous message in Thread: None