Thread Subject: TTYs
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Jim Tobias
Date: Mon, Jan 08 2007 1:10 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: TTYs"
- Previous message in thread: None
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
If we're in agreement that agencies can move beyond Baudot/TTY as long as
there is a gateway for
TTY users, how about the next step: setting a sunset date for TTY
compatibility, even via gateway.
For example, if we require a gateway, and the volume on that gateway keeps
dropping (as it will),
couldn't we really say that after it drops below a certain level we begin to
pull the plug?
I understand that this proposal may be contentious.
= EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
+1 732.441.0831 voice/tty
+1 908.907.2387 mobile
- Next message in Thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: TTYs"
- Previous message in Thread: None