Thread Subject: Next meeting agenda
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Larry Goldberg
Date: Tue, Jan 09 2007 10:35 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: None
- Previous message in thread: None
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
For tomorrow's TEITAC AV subcommittee, see the wiki for dial-in and FRCC
info. The meeting is Weds., Jan. 10, 3-4pm ET:
For tomorrow's call, I would like to:
1) Finish our open vs. closed discussion and move on. The latest draft
language suggestions are:
" Audio descriptions and captions must be either (a) permanently
presented to all recipients ("open") or (b) capable of being turned
on and off by each individual recipient ("closed")."
Gregg Vanderheiden (et al)'s:
" A method shall exist for the user to turn closed captions
or audio descriptions on and off unless captions or descriptions
are permanently visible or audible to everyone."
2) Deal with style issues -
Should the language offer or require certain stylistic conventions for
captions and descriptions. I lean toward not.
3) Synchronization and placement -
This demands a bit more attention, as we've touched on special cases of
captioning audio-only presentations, when is a transcript acceptable, how
and when can/should online AV materials be enhanced with textual
descriptions for blind and visually impaired people in manners not tied to
the traditional "video description" style and timings.
4) Move on to CE -
If we can, we need to begin addressing the many issues inherent in rewriting
Â§ 1194.24 a and b, such as
- requirements for DTV equipment and video source and display hardware such
as projectors, DVD players, HD-DVD and BluRay DVD, et al.
Larry Goldberg, Director
Media Access Group at WGBH
125 Western Ave.
Boston, MA 02134
= EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
- Next message in Thread: None
- Previous message in Thread: None