Thread Subject: Re: TTYs
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Jim Tobias
Date: Tue, Jan 09 2007 12:40 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Brett, Thomas F: "Re: TTYs"
- Previous message in thread: Jim Tobias: "Re: TTYs"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
Tom Brett wrote:
> It has been my experience that when a DHH user requests
> permission to use IP the answer is generally no. To use IP
> would require opening of one or more ports in order for VR or
> VOIP to work.
So, do federal employees use TTYs with each other? Is
there no instant messaging going on in the federal world?
I ask because my experience with ICT companies is that they
use IM all the time, often built into a suite of IP communication
tools, and they have some pretty demanding security policies.
= EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
+1 732.441.0831 voice/tty
+1 908.907.2387 mobile