Thread Subject: Re: General Issues: Remote Access
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Fratkin, Mike
Date: Wed, Jan 10 2007 6:50 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Sean Hayes: "Re: General Issues: Remote Access"
- Previous message in thread: Hoffman, Allen: "Re: General Issues: Remote Access"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
This needs to be considered for remote access software as well as
mainframe applications that are rendered through terminals emulators on
workstations. Many government agencies still uses mainframe
applications for significant portions of their IT applications. The
screens that are produced from these applications do not seem to be
covered by Section 508 although the terminal emulators themselves are.
This may be considered as part of the content issue but does need to be
addressed as there are not only tons of legacy applications but modified
and new ones being developed daily.
Do we need to consider a special set of requirements for remote access
software? Citrix, X Windows, and RDP have been mentioned.
I would also add mainframe type applications that are rendered on dumb
terminals. The applications are character based and only display
attributes are provided, such as whether or not a field is protected or
is an input field. There are no semantics provided. AT can't run on dumb
terminals but these applications may be accessed by AT on other
platforms such as Windows using emulator software. But most of the
existing software requirements do not work for these types of
- Next message in Thread: Sean Hayes: "Re: General Issues: Remote Access"
- Previous message in Thread: Hoffman, Allen: "Re: General Issues: Remote Access"