Thread Subject: Re: General Issues:Speechinterfacesandequivalent facilitation
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Fratkin, Mike
Date: Wed, Jan 10 2007 6:55 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: General Issues:Speechinterfaces and equivalent facilitation"
- Previous message in thread: None
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
AT SSA we have a significant number of refreshable Braille users that
find Braille essential in navigating mainframe screens. Speech and
Braille go hand-in-hand and to exclude the capability when speech
engines are implemented would tend to diminish functionality
significantly for Braille users.
Is refreshable braille support something we feel is a requirement?
I can waffle on this--but if I were deaf/blind I'd not waffle one bit.
DHS Office on Accessible Systems & Technology
- Next message in Thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: General Issues:Speechinterfaces and equivalent facilitation"
- Previous message in Thread: None