Thread Subject: Re: General Issues: AT responsibility
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Lazzaro, Joe (ITD)
Date: Wed, Jan 10 2007 1:05 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: David Poehlman: "Re: General Issues: AT responsibility"
- Previous message in thread: Lybarger, Barbara (MOD): "Re: General Issues: AT responsibility"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
We need content generation tools that prevent the creation and saving of
inaccessible information by default.
Manager: Assistive Technology Group
Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Information Technology Division
One Ashburton Place
Boston, MA 02108
From: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
[mailto: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = ] On Behalf Of Andi
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2007 12:28 PM
To: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
Subject: Re: [teitac-websoftware] General Issues: AT responsibility
To Barbara's point about authors not providing the row and column header
information using off the shelf software ....
That content does not conform to Section 508. Authors cannot assume that
their content will conform to 508 just because they are using a product
that conforms. It is true that tools could do more than they do but they
can't do the entire job. Some of the responsibility will always fall to
the author. For example, a common technique in e-mail is for people to
insert comments using color. The tool can't fix that for them. People
have to learn how to use additional techniques to flag the insertions
for people who can't see the colors.
- Next message in Thread: David Poehlman: "Re: General Issues: AT responsibility"
- Previous message in Thread: Lybarger, Barbara (MOD): "Re: General Issues: AT responsibility"