Thread Subject: Re: GeneralIssues:Speech interfacesandequivalent facilitation
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Hoffman, Allen
Date: Wed, Jan 10 2007 1:10 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Hoffman, Allen: "Re: GeneralIssues:Speech interfacesandequivalent facilitation"
- Previous message in thread: None
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
Braille support is not for everything everywhere.
Allen Hoffman -- 202-447-0303
From: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
[mailto: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = ] On Behalf Of Peter
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2007 2:37 PM
To: TEITAC Web/Software Subcommittee
Subject: Re: [teitac-websoftware] General Issues:Speech
> Is refreshable braille support something we feel is a requirement?
> I can waffle on this--but if I were deaf/blind I'd not waffle one bit.
A desktop is a very different environment from a cell phone. As we are
crafting an update that is attempting to apply to both worlds, we need
to be thoughtful about how we phrase any Braille requirements. Also,
being "self-voicing" is a much easier proposition today than being
Sun Microsystems, Inc.
- Next message in Thread: Hoffman, Allen: "Re: GeneralIssues:Speech interfacesandequivalent facilitation"
- Previous message in Thread: None