Thread Subject: Re: Gapsin Web Requirements- keyboard operation
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Brett, Thomas F
Date: Thu, Jan 11 2007 9:10 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Sean Hayes: "Re: Gapsin Web Requirements- keyboard operation"
- Previous message in thread: Sean Hayes: "Re: Gapsin Web Requirements- keyboard operation"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
"The parts of the application which can be driven by a keyboard should
be, and those that cannot, should not cause the whole application to
fail is all I'm saying."
While it may be technically not possible to produce software that allows
a person with disabilities to use it, it should be noted that by taking
this stance and purchasing this type of software would mean that a
person with disabilities would not be hired to do a job that required
the use of this software. Effectively the announcement for the job would
be "people with disabilities need not apply".
Additionally if a person without disabilities developed a disability
while on the job, they would no longer be able to perform that job.
= EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
- Next message in Thread: Sean Hayes: "Re: Gapsin Web Requirements- keyboard operation"
- Previous message in Thread: Sean Hayes: "Re: Gapsin Web Requirements- keyboard operation"