Thread Subject: Re: "touchscreens"
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: David Poehlman
Date: Tue, Jan 16 2007 5:14 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: "touchscreens""
- Previous message in thread: David Poehlman: "Re: "touchscreens""
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
Hi Randy and all,
As I understand it, the device will be configurable such that it can
ignore accidental key presses. It is also possible to use something
other than a finger to interact with the screen. In large part as
far as this device is concerned, we'll have to wait and see but it
does not seem totally hopeless. I do know that once I had a
Microwave on which I placed scotch tape so that I could find the
touch buttons. Others have used braille dymo and I've used loc dots