Thread Subject: Re: default tab on the wiki
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Jared Smith
Date: Tue, Oct 17 2006 8:24 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Jessica M. Brodey: "Re: default tab on the wiki"
- Previous message in thread: email@example.com: "Re: default tab on the wiki"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
On 10/17/06, = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = wrote:
> I am trying to understand the wiki and right now, my favorite page is the
> one that lists all pages. It is interesting to me that most of the dialogue
> is happening on the listservs - very little of what I see in the emails is
> making its way to the wiki.
At this point, I think that is how things should probably be working.
I envision the wiki as fulfilling the following roles:
1. Collaboration tool for development of more formal guideline documents.
2. Content management system for these documents and other supporting
materials (existing documentation, research, thoughts & ideas, and such.
3. Management system for the sub-committees - listing of work scope and
goals, announcements, to-do lists, meeting agendas and notes, etc.
I envision nearly all of the discussion going on in the e-mail lists. The
wiki does not need to mirror everything or even much of what happens on the
lists. But when the wiki can capture the more formal advancements and
thoughts generated on the mailing lists, it should be used for such.
The wiki should be thought of as a collaborative system for generating
documents. Discussion pages within the wiki should center around the
creation and integrity those documents ("I made this change and here's why?"
or "The wording on this is not clear."). I hope this is making sense. The
wiki is not really a very good communication tool, but it's very good for
more formal documentation, as well as collaborative brainstorming and
sharing of information.
- Next message in Thread: Jessica M. Brodey: "Re: default tab on the wiki"
- Previous message in Thread: firstname.lastname@example.org: "Re: default tab on the wiki"