Thread Subject: Re: Second draft of the API RequirementsProposal, cross-referenced to ISO 9241-171
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Sailesh Panchang
Date: Mon, Feb 05 2007 7:02 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Travis Roth: "Re: Second draft of the API RequirementsProposal, cross-referenced to ISO 9241-171"
- Previous message in thread: Peter Korn: "Second draft of the API Requirements Proposal, cross-referenced to ISO 9241-171"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
Refer to: "Additional object information needed for objects within a table"
Comment: I am confused. Is the reference to editable content like form
controls in a table... the fourth (last) item in the list suggests it is.
If they are form controls in a table, their row / column positions are
unimportant as long as the controls are labeled completely.
And if they are not interface elements but just text or links in a table
then row/column position is relevant. In which case the reference to 'user
input' in the fourth list item is not ok.
Perhaps the solution is to re-word item #4 to
"4. A mechanism for determining that a cell is active (the one where user's
focus is directed) "
Senior Accessibility Engineer
Deque Systems Inc. (www.deque.com)
11130 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite #140,
Reston VA 20191
Phone: 703-225-0380 (ext 105)
E-mail: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
- Next message in Thread: Travis Roth: "Re: Second draft of the API RequirementsProposal, cross-referenced to ISO 9241-171"
- Previous message in Thread: Peter Korn: "Second draft of the API Requirements Proposal, cross-referenced to ISO 9241-171"