Thread Subject: Re: Gaps in Web Requirements -keyboardoperation
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Travis Roth
Date: Mon, Feb 05 2007 7:03 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Robinson, Norman B - Washington, DC: "Re: Gaps in Web Requirements -keyboardoperation"
- Previous message in thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: Gaps in Web Requirements -keyboard operation"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
Andi Snow-Weaver wrote:
"For Web content or applications that are designed to run on a system that
has a keyboard, product functions shall be executable from a keyboard where
the function itself or the result of performing a function can be discerned
I understand the intent of this is to get keyboard access to work when the
hardware system has a keyboard.
The phrase "designed to run on a system that has a keyboard" concerns me
though in that what happens if an aplication is designed that may function
on a system that may or may not have a keyboard, e.g., a PDA?
Another example. If a website is designed to be displayed and used on a
mobile device and the interface is not operable via keyboard. Can the
developer come back and say "We did not design this to work on a mobile
device with a keyboard, only those without keyboards." Even though both
types are able to access the application? Would there be a way to handle
Or are these concerns not valid?
(804) 749-8646 (office)
(402) 466-0907 (direct)
= EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
Experts in Section 508 Compliance & Accessibility
NOTICE: This communication may contain privileged or other confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient or believe that you may
received this communication in error, please reply to the sender indicating
that fact and delete the copy you received. Thank you.
- Next message in Thread: Robinson, Norman B - Washington, DC: "Re: Gaps in Web Requirements -keyboardoperation"
- Previous message in Thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: Gaps in Web Requirements -keyboard operation"