Thread Subject: Cognitive Recommendations - compatibility
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Andi Snow-Weaver
Date: Fri, Feb 23 2007 1:05 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Andi Snow-Weaver: "Cognitive recommendations - configurable userinterfaces"
- Previous message in thread: None
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
At our meeting this week, we discussed the recommendations from Dr. Lewis'
presentation at the February TEITAC. 
We thought that the following three could possibly be met with tools or
assistive technologies for people with cognitive disabilities:
- word lookup, or compatibility with word lookup tools
- text reading, or compatibility with text reading tools
- spelling correction for spelling-sensitive interactions
We need a proposal that we can discuss. How about something like this in
the software section?
* Software for displaying or authoring text provides the following features
or support for assistive technology used by people with cognitive
** the ability to determine the definition of a word
** the ability to read the text outloud
* Software for authoring text provides the ability to check for spelling
errors and correct them or support for assistive technology used by people
with cognitive disabilities.
- Next message in Thread: Andi Snow-Weaver: "Cognitive recommendations - configurable userinterfaces"
- Previous message in Thread: None