Thread Subject: Re: "closed software"
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Smith, Jamie
Date: Fri, Feb 23 2007 8:20 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: "closed software""
- Previous message in thread: Jonathan Avila: "Re: "closed software""
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
Many ATMs do have Braille numbers or the key pads are like a number key. However, at stores more and more of the items used to pay are TOUCH pads and in no way accessible. In rehab, if someone goes to the same store all the time and wants to use their ATM card to pay as ATM, some rehab teachers make a card board overlay that makes it like a number keypad. So for ATMS in stores it is the touch pad that can take away independence.