Thread Subject: Re: web requirements for accessibility of webon mobile devices
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Hoffman, Allen
Date: Thu, Mar 01 2007 10:55 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Slatin, John M: "Re: web requirements for accessibility ofwebon mobile devices"
- Previous message in thread: None
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
Just a thought.
One of our group members raised a question to me today that I feel we
should at least walk through the thought process for. The topic is are
there requirements we should be considering for accessibility of web on
mobile devices. I'm not sure this is specifically being addressed in
the telecomm, desktop/portable, or self-contained groups, as this
focuses on any requirements specifically related to creating web coding
that remains accessible when accessed using a user-agent and AT on a
To me this seems like resizing, (use percentage sizing not absolute),
device independent scripting, and maybe a few other requirements apply.
Maybe we can just say that web pages must be accessible on mobile
devices, but that doesn't really provide anything testable.
DHS Office on Accessible Systems & Technology
- Next message in Thread: Slatin, John M: "Re: web requirements for accessibility ofwebon mobile devices"
- Previous message in Thread: None