Thread Subject: Re: on track?
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Tom Brett
Date: Tue, Mar 06 2007 8:40 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: None
- Previous message in thread: William Loughborough: "on track?"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
I wouldn't agree with this. I believe the scope of this subcommittee is
summed up best below:
One of our tasks is to look across the current 508 structure, the 6 product
categories, to find common elements that could be brought together, or at
least thought about consistently. One reason is that there is some
duplication within the current structure. For example, the provisions about
"mechanically operated controls and keys" appear in Telecom, Desktop
Computers, and Closed Products. Another reason is that the product category
structure itself is under continual assault by the shifting, morphing,
converging ICT product ecosystem. It could be argued that all 6 categories
are less clear and useful than they were a few years ago.
In fact, the initial Access Board NPRM included provisions stated this way,
under several functional categories in addition to the product categories.
This subcommittee will explore the general interface accessibility
guidelines. This includes:
1. Looking at issues that occur across multiple product categories in 255
2. Reviewing the functional performance criteria (1194.31)
3. Other cross cutting issues not covered by other subcommittees
4. Considering the Themes throughout
The group is not charged with deciding anything. Just identifying,
highlighting, exploring options to issues identified, and then providing
information on all of these to the TEITAC to inform the TEITAC ? who will
then decide what to do.
From: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
[mailto: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = ] On Behalf Of William
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 10:16 AM
To: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
Subject: [teitac-general] on track?
Let's see if I've got this right: this subcommittee deals (perhaps
exclusively?) with "Â§ 1194.22 Web-based intranet and internet
information and applications" and the 17 "provisions" therein???
- Next message in Thread: None
- Previous message in Thread: William Loughborough: "on track?"